Contest Rules and Regulations
2022 Santa’s Photo Share Giveaway, Fall Weekends – Contest Rules
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on
Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 11:00 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Santa’s Village Ltd. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest you must:
a. Have a valid Facebook account (an “Account”). If you do not have an Account, visit www.facebook.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free facebook account.
b. You must “Comment” on the contest post that was posted on the Santa’s Village Facebook page and share a photo of a family memory at Santa’s Village. If you have not visited Santa’s Village previously, you may also share any other fun family photo that you wish.
4) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you comment on the post as described in Section 3 and 4, above and in accordance with these Rules. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD (regardless of how many times you submit a comment). For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) Account to participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:
YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE WHEN WE ANNOUNCE THE WINNER, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF FACEBOOK AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND
COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
6) once the contest has concluded on Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 11:00 p.m. we will randomly choose 3 individuals who have commented on the Contest Post to receive a free family day pass for 4 to Santa’s Village, Muskoka’s Theme Park. This Pass will be valid for entry to the theme park and does not include Muskoka Zip Lines & Aerial Park or Camping.
7) Once declared a winner: The selected entrant will be tagged by name in a facebook post announcing the winner. The selected entrant must reply by private message to arrange for pick up of tickets.
8) Grand Prize: There will be 3 grand prizes available to be won, each consisting of four (4) 2022 General Admission Tickets to Santa’s Village, Muskoka’s Theme Park. (approximate retail value $160.00 (CDN)) (“Grand Prize”). These tickets will be valid for a single day admission on any of the remaining 2022 Fall Weekends. The last day they are valid is October 30, 2022.
NOTE: The Grand Prize does not include, and the Sponsor will not pay for, transportation to and/or from the Park. Finalists must arrange for their own transportation, accommodation, and spending money.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
10) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
13) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to
– 3 – the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
14) By entering the Contest and submitting a comment, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Facebook Terms of Service grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her comment, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her comment in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the comment. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any comment if a complaint is received with respect to the comment, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the comment(and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any comment does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the comment (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant.
15) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Facebook accounts, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
16) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
17) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry.
19) Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Facebook. Any
questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not Facebook.